The ULYSSES Network project is possible thanks to the support of the Creative Europe program of the European Union.
The aim of this multi-annual program is to encourage and support cultural cooperation within Europe in order to bring the European common cultural heritage to the fore. The different funding schemes encourage cultural and creative players to operate across Europe, to reach new audiences, and to develop the skills needed in the digital age.
The program proposes funding opportunities to all cultural sections and all categories of cultural operators contributing to the development of cultural cooperation at European level, with a view to encouraging the emergence of European citizenship.
The Culture sub-program enables cultural and creative organizations to operate transnationally and promotes the cross-border circulation of works of culture and the mobility of cultural players.
It provides financial support to projects with a European dimension aiming to share cultural content across borders.
The ULYSSES Network is part of the strand “Cooperation Projects 2020” and will receive funding until 2024.
This specific strand supports the capacity of the European cultural and creative sectors to operate transnationally and internationally. To promote the circulation of cultural and creative works and the mobility of cultural and creative players, in particular of artists.
It also aims to improve access to European cultural and creative works and extend their reach to new and larger audiences.
In addition, it contributes to innovation and creativity in the field of culture.
Cooperation projects aim to:
- develop skills, competences, and know-how, including how to adapt to digital technologies
- test innovative approaches to audience development
- test new business and management models
- enable international cooperation and career development in the EU and beyond
- facilitate access to professional opportunities
- organize international cultural activities, such as touring events, exhibitions, exchanges, and festivals
- stimulate interest in, and improve access to, European cultural and creative works.
You can find more information about the Creative Europe program of the European Union at this address: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/creative-europe_en