International Workshop for Young Composers 2019
07/2019 Divertimento Ensemble – IT
Tutors: Francesco Filidei and Fabien Lévy
Ensemble in residence: Divertimento Ensemble
Conductor: Sandro Gorli
July 5th-14th 2019 – Bobbio (Piacenza, Italy)
During the ten days of the workshop, the 12 participants have individual lessons with the two tutors and with the conductor of the ensemble to discuss their scores or other pieces, as well as working sessions with the performers of the ensemble; they shall listen to the rehearsals of their own work and of all the programmed pieces. They also attend the scheduled masterclasses.
All the compositions are performed in two public concerts in Bobbio on July 13 and 14, 2019.
Up to a maximum of three compositions are selected after the performances in Bobbio to be included in the Rondò 2020 concert season (Milan, January-June 2020).
The workshop overall schedule foresees the following time/activities to be divided among all the participants (in part at different hours and in part overlappying):
– 36 hours of rehearsal with the ensemble (to be divided among all the scores)
– 30 hours of individual lessons with each of the two tutors (to be divided among all the participants)
– 6 hours of individual meetings with the conductor of the ensemble (to be divided among all the participants)
– 4 hours of individual meetings with the musicians
– 2 hours of masterclasses by each of the two tutors
– 3 hours of masterclasses by Daniele Ghisi
The workshop welcomes two ULYSSES Journey composers:
Jacques Zafra (Mexico/Germany) and Tine Surel Lange (Norway).
And at the same occasion, three ULYSSES Journey performers (horn, violin, viola) join the Divertimento Ensemble.